Therapy Missions sends teams of volunteer professional therapists to parts of the world where these resources are scarce, or do not exist at all. Our work is designed to not only enable those that we Treat to overcome their disabilities, but also Teach their caregivers new ways to help the person with the disability, and to Train local professionals and paraprofessionals in recent advancements in therapy.
The Ripple Effect-
During a mission we spend a great deal of our time teaching caregivers and training the local staff. The impact of our visits goes well beyond just the positive effects of the treatments that we give patients. The caregivers and local staff then carry forward this knowledge, training others. The tremendous ripple effect this creates impacts on an ever-expanding number of people with disabilities.
The Power of Local-
Although we bring down many donated items on our missions, a major emphasis is always put on using material that is locally available, such as PVC pipe, to construct adaptive devices for patients. In this way, local professionals and care givers can continue to build and teach others how to build devices long after we have left.
Upcoming Missions (more may be added...keep checking)
- MSC Orphanage (Blessed Assurance) Jamaica November 14-21, 2015
- Panama (Assesment visit) Panama January 3-10, 2016 FULL
- MSC Orphanages (Staff training) Jamaica February 14-19, 2016
- Juarez, Mexico (clinic and home visits) Mexico February22-24, 2016
- Panama (clinic, schools, home visits) Panama May15-24, 2016 FULL
- MSC Orphanage Dominican Republic Summer, 2016
- Juarez, Mexico (clinic and home visits) Mexico October 17-20, 2016
©2015 Therapy Missions
All Rights Reserved